Sunday, November 15, 2015

Costume Examples

As I say a lot, I have done many dances throughout my life of many different styles. I explained in my post "Dress to Impress" what some costumes looked like for the different styles and gave some websites to order various costumes as well. Here are some examples of dances that I have done with pictures of the costumes that I wore for each.

First of all, hip hop. My studio wasn't very big in hip hop, but we had a guest choreographer com in a few years to choreograph a large group hip hop for the older girls. It was titled We're Gonna Rock and it was a mix of songs that talk about rock and roll. We wore leggings, combat boots, a red sparkly bra, and a leather vest or jacket of our choice.

Secondly, I did a Jazz dance to She Bangs by Ricky Martin. It was a salsa like style and we wore a red sparkly corset black shorts, fish nets, and a red rose in our hair. This was a fun number to perform and the red costume really added to that.

Next, for a Musical theater number we did Bring On the Men. We dressed like house maids and we had a table with fancy place settings, chairs, and big rings on our fingers. there were only four of us in it so the prop really fit well and we all had our own chairs to dance on and play the part of a maid. I, at one point used a feather duster. It was fun to get into a character with such a cute costume to go off of. 
For a lyrical dance I was in a number called River. It was actually a duet with one of my best friends, Gabbi. The song was all about frienship and always being there for someone. It was my last year dancing with her so it was very emotional for us to finally do a duet. We wore a simple, yet elegant two piece off white floral piece with blue to all the river like style to it. 

1 comment:

  1. I love seeing all of the different pretty costumes! They are always so fun!

    ReplyDelete