Monday, September 21, 2015

Confidence is Key

As a dancer I have gained a lot of confidence. Like I said, I was a very quiet kid and dance was a great way to get my personality out there and shine. I do not, however, have a competitive nature as some think. I have won some and lost some and I'm perfectly okay. I enjoy dance because of the confidence in myself that I have gained. It shows when you dance whether you are comfortable adn confident. Keep your head up no matter if you stumble and fall. I have fallen or messed up more times than I can count, believe me. It makes it easier if you just get up and brush it off and know it happens to everyone. In a competition there are those girls who think they are the best and they may become intimidating, but if you have confidence in yourself it doesn't matter because the most confidence dancers are the ones that shine the brightest.

2 comments:

  1. Believe it or not, growing up dancing at a studio helped me build confidence all around. It's amazing how building confidence in dance has translated over to my confidence of speaking in front of people! Confidence really is a big part of dance, because if you have it then your dance automatically looks better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Self confidence is important in all aspects of life. Without it you can't succeed in anything. Great post!

    ReplyDelete