Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Dress to Impress

Costume also has an impact on the routine. Whether you are being judged or not it's great to have a sort of costume to go with a dance number. Jazz has a wide variety of costumes depending on what fits the dance. I have worn trench coats for a mysterious jazz and it was very fun! That was a very serious dance, I have worn a leggings and a sparkly sport bra for a sassy jazz. Really there is no and to the costume possibilities. Lyrical costumes can vary too. I have worn a flowy dress for a pretty number and i have worn shorts with a skirt and a lace bra for a more serious lyrical piece. the most fun costumes are musical theater type costumes depending on the song you get the opportunity to wear anything or dress up. I always loved dressing up like a character. For hip hop its usually more street style of clothes, sometimes even jeans if you do less movement. I have worn leggings, combat boots and a leather vest for a rock themed hip hop which was my favorite hip hop dance I've done.  Here are a couple of websites that have catgories that go with styles of dance.
http://www.discountdance.com/
https://www.weissmanscostumes.com

1 comment:

  1. Oh costumes... I always think back to the days I did ballet and they liked putting me in itchy outfits that irritated the crap out of me!

    ReplyDelete