Monday, October 12, 2015

Open Up

Dance requires a sense of knowing who you are and really impending up and leaving it all on the floor. I struggled with this as a kid. Dance has been a very important part of my life! One of the reasons I decided this blog was to show the wide variety of dance and the abundance of aspects that come with it. People think that it's all ballet and tutus when it's so much more dynamic than that!  I wouldn't be the person I am today without it! Dance has a way of healing. I took a class from someone who was a dance therapist once and it was the most interesting thing. She used dance to really make us feel things and let go. It takes a lot for me to break out of my shell and I believe that dance did that for me. I was very shy to the point where I wouldn't even talk to my relatives out of town when I visited them until like the second day we were there. They were my family and I was still too shy to talk to them.

I started opening up more in middle school and even more in high school because I had a place like my studio that taught me no one was judging me and I could open up. I believe dance taught me how to open up and be myself. I am still quiet natured, but I don't consider myself shy anymore. If you talk to me I will talk back and I'm not afraid. I won a national title with the confidence dance gave me!  Dance taught me to open up and have individuality and not to care what others think and it will forever be part of my life.

2 comments:

  1. I think parents (if they have the funds) should start their children at a dance studio when they are young to help them express themselves, gain confidence, and have something they are passionate about.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dance therapy sounds like it would be a cool job. Just find someone who loves to dance and has a psychology degree and they could help lots of adults and children this way.

    ReplyDelete