Friday, October 16, 2015

Some of my experiences

Since I just did a post about how dance has changed me as a person and giving me confidence, I thought I'd share some of my experiences in the styles I have already talked about. Like I said my personalfavorite is Lyrical and I did many solos in the lyrical style.  This first picture is of my lyrical solo my senior year of high school it was to a poem with no music called The Slant.

picture by Talent on Parade National Talent Competition
 My favorite lyrical group I have performed was called Lamentation it was a sad form of lyrical that is what the second picture is from. It was a small group meaning there were 4 to 10 people on stage and in this case there were 6 people.

Talent on Parade National Talent Competition 
 I have done many jazz numbers as well one of my favorites was a line, which means there were over 20 people in the number. It was to a mix of kesha songs. Most lines are a mix of may songs that have a theme with them and they can sometimes be like a small play. They are usually about 5 to 6 minute long dances with people going on and off stage to allow breaks while other ages dance. Here is a picture of my Kesha routine.
Talent on Parade National Talent Competition 
One more jazz number I have done was called Red football. Kesha was an upbeat fun jazz number, but this one was more softer with hard beats to hit. We had a prop in this dance. It was a large cage that we danced on top of and inside.
Talent on Parade National Talent Competition

2 comments:

  1. Those pictures are fantastic! It gives us a great visual of what you're talking about :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those pics of you dancing are so cool! It shows us you've been there and know exactly what you're talking about.

    ReplyDelete